Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Czech Republic -- Strakonice festival program online

 The bluegrass band Relief plays at Strakonice 2007. Photo (c) Ruth Ellen Gruber

The Strakonice Jamboree is one of the biggest bluegrass/acoustic festivals in the Czech Republic. Taking place at the end of May near the grounds of a castle in a small town south of Prague, it more or less kicks off the outdoor Czech festival season and draws the top names in Czech acoustic and bluegrass music, as well as foreign acts.

This year the Jamboree takes place May 28-30. The program is now up on line -- click HERE.

Strakonice was the first Czech festival I attended when I started looking into the country/bluegrass/western scene in Europe, and it was here that I got my introduction to many of the musicians, the history, and the trappings (and the tramps...) that I have experienced elsewhere.

An unusual fan, Strakonice 2004. Photo (c) Ruth Ellen Gruber

No comments: