Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Article to Appear in The Western Way magazine

Truck Stop plays Pullman City Harz, July 2007. Photo (c) Ruth Ellen Gruber

I've learned that a (short) version of "Sturm, Twang and Sauerkraut Cowboys," the long essay/paper I wrote on the European country music scene, is to appear this summer in The Western Way Magazine, published by the Western Music Association. The magazine is described as the only professional magazine dedicated to the promotion of western music. Yee-Hah! I'm trying to whittle down my pictures to send the editor just four or five.... not easy!

Even as a shorter piece, I'm looking forward to seeing it in print. I presented versions of the paper last year (and the end of 2007) in various venues, including the International Country Music Conference in Nashville, and at the Autry National Center in LA.

Meanwhile, I've posted a pdf of the long version on my web site. Click HERE -- I'll also put a link in this blog's sidebar.

No comments: